Here is a lesson using QR codes:
The task is graded to accommodate different learners:
Worksheet 1 – Difficult
Worksheet 2 – Medium
Worksheet 3 – Easy (only the wordsearch included)
- Hide the QR codes! Try to have them flat and not, for example, around a pole or anything concave- they are difficult to scan. Do make extra copies in case a QR code gets ripped or damaged.
- Start by asking learners what they know about London.
- Either give learners the choice of Worksheet 1 or Worksheet 2 or decide which worksheet would be appropriately challenging for them.
- Put learners in pairs.
- Make sure each pair has a mobile telephone with a QR scanner installed. This is the one I use: http://i-nigma.com/Downloadi-nigmaReader.html.
- Your learners may benefit from some task language to support their communication during the activity g. ‘What is the answer?’, ‘I think it might be…’, ‘Yes, I think that’s right…’, ‘No, I don’t think that’s right…’, ‘Shall we continue?’ Etc.
- Demonstrate what they need to do and then…
- Let them get started!
- Monitor and help.
- When everyone has finished and are back in the classroom, check the answers.
- Now complete the wordsearch!